TXCPA Central Texas, a chapter of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, was formed in 1940. The Chapter serves members in Bell, Bosque, Coryell, Falls, Hamilton, Hill, Lampasas, Limestone, McLennan, Milam, Mills, Robertson, and San Saba counties.
Chapter efforts include:
- Long-time support for local student scholarships at Mary Hardin-Baylor, Tarleton State University, and Baylor University.
- Networking and volunteer leadership opportunities, including an active and vibrant young professionals group.
- Various community service activities.
- Providing affordable, quality education to Central Texas CPAs.
- Being a passionate advocate for the profession on legislative and regulatory fronts.
One of the first records of a Central Texas (Waco) Chapter is in the 1946-47 TSCPA Yearbook. Eleven CPAs from Waco (10 in public accounting and 1 in the Comptroller’s office) listed were: Leonard Bateman, Walter Briscoe, Price Cheaney, Jr., Ben Milam, Charles Miller, R.D. Pattillo, Harry Roberts, William Smith, Arthur Upleger and Frank Wilcox.