TXCPA Corpus Christi, a chapter of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, was founded in 1947 and serves TXCPA members in the Coastal Bend. Our first organizational meeting was held in the fall of 1947 in one of the small meeting rooms of the Nueces Hotel.
James F. Nigh presided and was elected the first President of the Chapter. Velda Woods was elected Secretary.
The first regular meeting was held on May 21, 1948 at the Chicago Corporation. At that time chapter membership totaled 27. New officers were elected to serve a term to coincide
with the State Society's fiscal year. James F. Nigh and Velda Woods were re-elected and Daniel E. Kilgore was elected Vice President. Velda Woods served as Secretary until 1951.
The Chapter was the tenth to be organized as part of the Texas Society of CPAs.
Among the twelve charter members were:
Jack E. Collier
Joe E. Evans
Paul R. Haas
Ernest L. Johnson
Daniel E. Kilgore
Allen S. Lewis
James F. Nigh
William E. Ponder