TXCPA Dallas promotes accounting as a career choice. An important component of this mission is to provide financial support to senior and graduate accounting students at local universities who plan to become active CPAs in the Dallas chapter area.
In 1988 the Dallas CPA Society (now TXCPA Dallas) and Philip Vogel & Company, PC established the Dallas CPA Society Scholarship Fund in memory of the Vogel firm’s founder and chairman. At the time of his death, Phil was President-elect of the Dallas CPA Society and would have served as President in 1989-90. TXCPA Dallas Scholarship Program is still an expression of our deep appreciation for the many contributions of Philip Vogel.
Over the last 18 years, 124 outstanding students have been selected by TXCPA Dallas Scholarship Committee to receive over $195,000 in scholarships. This program is made possible by the generous donations of hundreds of our members over the years.
- Attend one of the following Dallas area colleges or universities: Southern Methodist University, Texas A&M-Commerce, University of North Texas, or the University of Texas at Dallas.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- In fall of 2023, be a senior accounting major or a graduate student in accounting, with a minimum of 15 accounting credit hours through Fall 2022. Applicants may be full-time or part-time students.
- Applicants must have the intent of becoming a Certified Public Accountant and entering the accounting profession upon graduation.
- Have a minimum accounting GPA of 3.5.
- Be a TXCPA Dallas member.
- The application deadline has yet to be set but is usually in late May or June annually. A typed or neatly printed application; signed by the chairperson of the university’s accounting department.
- Electronic copy of application, emailed to email@example.com
- An up-to-date résumé or CV
- A letter addressed to the Scholarship Committee, TXCPA Dallas, explaining your need for the scholarship, why you want to become a CPA and your plans after graduation.
- Official cumulative college transcript(s) through the end of the Fall 2021 semester, to include credit hours earned from all colleges/universities and cumulative GPA. A separate official transcript must be provided for each school attended.
- Spring 2022 Grades (unofficial University grade report or official University transcript acceptable).