The 2023 Leadership Development Program is full. Applications are no longer being accepted.
Thursday and Friday
July 20 and 21, 2023
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday, August 18, 2023
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Tuesday, November 14, 2023
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- be a CPA
- be a TXCPA Fort Worth member, and
- commit to use your best efforts to fulfill program requirements, which are:
- attend July 20 and 21, 2023 program
- attend August 18 Kimbell Art Museum tour
- participate in a 2023-2024 Chapter community service campaign
- attend one meeting of a governance body of the Chapter on November 14, 2023
Fee: Waived (The Board of Directors has waived this program fee for 2023)
Delivery method: group live
CPE: 12 credits awarded
Prerequisites/advance preparation: no prerequisites and no advance preparation required
Contact: Jennifer Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
*Lodging and meals are included
Speakers and Topics
Dede Williams Vann | CliftonStrengths
CliftonStrengths focuses on your greatest opportunities for development and success, rather than only on your weaknesses. Learn how to use your CliftonStrengths report and learning resources to tackle your work using your talents.
More about Dede
Sandra Bembenek | Networking Workshop
Work through some key networking issues such as identifying viable prospects; what to do after meeting someone at an event; how much time and energy should be spent on networking; how to turn a prospect into a client; how to “close the deal" and more.
Connect with Sandra
Kim Knox Lewis | Public Speaking
Polish your presentation skills with Kim’s tips for success. Even introverts must sometimes speak at company meetings or present with confidence to clients. Participants are qualified to join the Chapter’s Speakers Bureau.
Connect with Kim
Stephanie Shaner| How the Profession is Organized
Knowing how the CPA profession is structured can help you identify personal growth and leadership opportunities. Chapter president elect Stephanie Shaner and the Executive Committee will show you where to match your interests and your commitment level.
Connect with Stephanie
Gary Tonniges Jr | The Art of Negotiation
Learn how you can improve your negotiating skills, confidence, and strategy with Gary's key tips and techniques. Identify steps for success and learn skills to obtain desired outcomes.
Connect with Gary
Mark Rich | A Museum Tour From An Accountant’s Perspective
CPAs often look at the world through a different lens. This session delivers insight into one of Fort Worth's most notable institutions, the Kimbell Art Museum. Event date is Friday, August 18, 2023.
Connect with Mark
Leadership without Authority
How to communicate persuasively and influence others in the workplace without a title. Chapter leaders facilitate deep-dive discussion on how to manage projects and teams to effectively boss!
1. Learn what makes you unique
2. Create strength based goals
3. Reframe your weaknesses
4. Use strengths focused resources
1. Identify ways to assess your audience
2. Recognize the importance of practice and preparation
3. Identify some tips and hints
Leading Without Authority
1. Gain insight into your personal leadership style
2. Define leadership characteristics and qualities that encourage people to respond
3. Discuss ways to establish and maintain personal credibility
4. Describe personal accountability and why it’s essential to leadership
The Art of Negotiation
1. Learn how you can improve your negotiating skills, confidence, and strategy
2. Identify steps for success
3. Learn skills to obtain desired outcomes
How the Profession is Organized
1. Learn about organizations that support the accounting profession
2. Identify factors to consider when choosing a volunteer opportunity
Networking: Mingle Like You Mean It
1. Learn how to set your goals for success
2. Identify questions for better conversations
3. Understand the importance of a follow up system