April 13, 2021
Are you preparing to study for the CPA Exam? Do you have questions about the CPA Exam?
UWorld/Roger CPA ...
April 1, 2021
The Internal Revenue Service today warned of an ongoing IRS-impersonation scam that appears to primarily target educational institutions,...
March 16, 2021February 25, 2021
TXCPA Houston Student Auxiliary
TXCPA Houston Student Auxiliary provides programming and activities for students in the Houston area who are interested in a career in accounting.
The Auxiliary programs cover a variety of topics and have included discussions on big data, soft skills, alternative career paths, cybersecurity careers in industry audit and tax. The programs are developed and moderated by fellow students from local universities.
2021-2022 Student Auxiliary Officers
University of Houston
Vice President of Campus Relations
Vice President of Development
University of Houston
Vice President of Marketing
Houston Baptist University
Vice President of Operations
Sam Houston State University
The Student Auxiliary Steering Committee works with the officers to educate, inform, and lead by creating an environment of support for students to transition into accounting professionals.
The Steering Committee welcomes our 2021-2022 Co-chairs:
- Mirza Shayan Baig, CPA, EY
- Manu Sadiev, CPA, Briggs & Veselka Company
Benefits of Membership
- Members may apply for TXCPA Houston accounting scholarships! Download the 2021 Scholarship Application . Applicant must be an accounting major entering their senior year at an accredited four-year college or university, a graduate student pursuing a master's degree in an accredited program, or those seeking the additional 30 hours of education to become eligible for a CPA license in Texas.
- Membership in the third largest chapter in the US at a greatly reduced dues rate.
- Eligible to serve on committees with prospective future employers.
- TXCPA Houston is not just for your school, but for every college and university in the Houston area.
- Access to employment opportunities and RESUME POSTING at the TXCPA Houston Career Center.
- A great addition to your resume.
- Student members majoring in accounting may be eligible to win one of four $250 tuition/book reimbursements.
- Our members save money on many CPA Exam review courses, including a $300 savings from Becker CPA Review.
- Receive TXCPA Houston’s Forum and
TXCPA’s publications, Today's CPA and Viewpoint, keeping you up-to-date on TXCPA and the future of the profession.