Representatives from the TXCPA Houston awarded $26,533 in grant funding to eight schools as part of the CPAs Helping Schools program during the Partners in Education Reception on Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
Laura Mardis, chair of the CPAs Helping Schools committee, and Carol Spencer, TXCPA Houston membership manager, presented grants to the following schools:
- Parker Elementary from Houston ISD - 3D Printing for the 3D Maker
- Brookline Elementary from Houston ISD - Diverse Authors and Books
- Bellaire High School from Houston ISD - FPS Readiness Across Mathematics
- Kenneth D. Black Elementary from Aldine ISD - Put the Virtual World in Our Hands
- Sweeny Elementary from Sweeny ISD - SBISD Dictionary Project
- Spring Branch ISD Community Relations - iPODS
- Beta Academy - STEM Lab/Maker Space
- The Rise School of Houston - STEAM Education Activities
CPAs Helping Schools provides funding to local districts for educational projects, emphasizing aid to economically disadvantaged schools and volunteers participate in career day presentations at local schools.
|Beta Academy received a TXCPA Houston CPAs Helping Schools grant for their music program which helps improves students' math skills.||Black Elementary ILS, Hillary Vokmann, received a TXCPA Houston CPAs Helping Schools grant to create a bilingual STEAM resource for the library and lab.|
For more information on the CPAs Helping Schools program or to volunteer on the CPAs Helping Schools Committee, visit https://www.houstoncpa.org/for-the-public/cpas-helping-schools or email Carol Spencer at email@example.com.