An awards and recognition mixer was held June 22, 2021, at La Puertita at Joe T. Garcia's. In an exciting twist, Steve Newcom surprised everyone and interrupted the proceedings to award 2020-2021 CPA of the Year to Jacob Briggs for his leadership of the Chapter through the pandemic.
Jacob, TXCPA Fort Worth s’ past president and chair of the awards committee, then presented the following awards:
- Rachel Baker, Outstanding Community Volunteer, for her contributions to Preserve the Fort.
- Rachel Rhea, Outstanding Community Volunteer, for her contributions to Santaccountants.
- Jeff Eaton received Outstanding Committee Contribution for his work with the Chapter’s PAC committee.
- Cliff Parker accepted an award for a lifetime of Meritorious Service.
- Daphne Alexander received Outstanding Committee Chair for her work with the Non-Profit Committee.
2021-2022 Chapter President, Sandra Bembenek, and newly appointed TSBPA Board member, Susan Adams, welcomed new Texas licensees to the Chapter and profession: Cheryl Cox, CPA; Demi Fritz, CPA; Kathryn Haberman, CPA; Caroline Lee, CPA; Chinenye Okoye, CPA; Lea Petri, CPA; and reciprocal licensee Deann Morgan, CPA.
Chapter members also recognized TXCPA Accounting Excellence Foundation award recipients Madalyn Fee, Texas Wesleyan University, Joshua Coffey, Tarleton State University, and Emma Hofmeister, Texas Christian University.
The 2021 the TXCPA Rising Stars were honored. This award recognizes members aged 40 or younger who have shown innovative leadership qualities within the accounting profession and their communities. Honorees from Fort Worth are Christy Bessert, Jonathan Cameron, Sarah DeVore, and Katelyn Woods.