Legislative Action Center
TXCPA 2023 Legislative Agenda
- 120 Hours to Sit for the CPA Exam
- Expand Fifth-Year State Board Scholarship
- Proper Regulatory Oversight of the CPA License
- Oppose Sales Tax on Professional Services
- Monitoring State Tax Legislation
House and Senate Websites
- Texas Legislature Online
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas Senate
- Bill Lookup
- How to Follow a Bill
- House Video Broadcasts (House Floor and Committee hearings)
- Senate Video Broadcasts (Senate Floor and Committee hearings)
- House Committees
- Senate Committees
- Legislative Process
- Who Represents Me?
TXCPA Wins Big at the Capitol
AUSTIN - TXCPA advocacy efforts to increase the number of CPAs entering the profession were highly successful during the 2023 Texas Legislative session. Two bills were signed into law by the Governor!
Many thanks to bill sponsors Rep. Angie Chen Button and Sen. Charles Perry. Read more (6/14/23)
120 Hours to Test
Fifth-Year Scholarship and TPAA
The new law expands the TSBPA fifth-year scholarship program to make scholarship funds available to more accounting students. Funds will be available to those students that have completed at least 15 hours of upper-level accounting courses.
This legislation is an important piece of TXCPA’s pipeline initiative.