- Significant Penalty for Late Payment of Deferred Payroll Tax (10-21-21)
- Videoconferencing With IRS Now an Option for all LB&I Taxpayers (10-20-21)
- Finance Leases Qualify for Lower Franchise Tax Rate (10-2021)
- IRS Addresses Taxpayer Reliance on FAQs (10-15-21)
- What Might Inflation Look Like Next Year? (10-14-21)
- New TXCPA Leadership Nominated (10-8-21)
- Expansion Continues in Oil and Gas Activity; Cost Pressures Building (9-29-21)
- Employer & Self-Employed Deferred Payroll Taxes (9-27-21)
Federal Tax Policy Committee
The committee provides feedback to the IRS and U.S. Treasury regarding proposed changes to federal taxation regulations. Also see, the Federal Tax Policy blog.
- IRS’ Inability to Deal with Correspondence and Other Communication
- Appropriations for Full IRS Funding
- Partnership Tax Basis Reporting Requirements
- Late Filing Request Sept 15 CCH Software Outage
- Payroll Tax Deferral Obligations
- IRS Mail backlog
- Tax Capital Reporting
- Welcome Erin Collins
- PPP Loan Tax Deductibility
- Tax Changes Necessary Due to the Coronavirus
- Request for broader federal tax relief amid COVID
Description: The biennial Private Companies Practice Section (PCPS) CPA Firm Top Issues Survey asks firms to rank the challenges that are of greatest concern to them. This commentary reviews the recent 2021 survey results for each firm size in detail. It focuses on the top five issues in each size, but also includes key insights on top 10 results that may enhance the understanding of firms’ concerns.
This tool is an example of the turnkey practice management tools and resources PCPS delivers. PCPS is an add-on firm membership section within the AICPA. A PCPS firm membership, at only $35 per CPA, up to a max of $700 per firm, is a great investment for a broad range of practice management resources. Find out if you are already a PCPS member or register for a virtual tour to learn more.