Maybe you’re already in the process of becoming CPA — or maybe you’re trying to decide if it’s the right path for you. Either way, you’ve come to the right place! TXCPA is here to help you learn more about the advantages of becoming a CPA and how to start your journey towards those three letters.
Here are just a few reasons why earning your CPA credential is worth the extra work:
- Becoming a CPA can boost your earning potential throughout your lifetime, beyond what you can earn as a non-CPA accountant
- CPAs have access to jobs with higher authority and responsibility, as well as greater career stability
- According to the Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of accountants and auditors is projected to grow 10 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations
- CPAs are the most-trusted advisors to business owners and are known for their high level of integrity and competency
- Being a CPA allows you to do meaningful work with motivated and talented people
- CPAs can choose from a variety of job functions, ranging from traditional tax and auditing to working with high-tech industries
- You can travel internationally or work right within your local community
- When you earn your CPA in Texas you become a member of a larger exclusive statewide professional community
TXCPA provides scholarships to accounting students through the Accounting Education Foundation and local chapter scholarships. Find out more.
AICPA’s National Scholarship database is a great tool to help find the right scholarship for you! Search hundreds of opportunities by state, university, need-based, merit-based, or minority options.