Members of TXCPA Houston and TXCPA have access to a variety of benefits. From the protection and promotion of the CPA license to adding 28,000 contacts to your network, there are big advantages to being part of our professional
Maximize your membership by taking advantage of these benefits:
Advocacy – TXCPA governmental affairs volunteers work tirelessly to
protect the CPA license in Texas and all it stands for. Learn more about how your interests are being represented at the local, state, and national levels. TXCPA Houston members have the opportunity
to discuss current issues with IRS and local taxing authority representatives at our Circular 230 Professional roundtable meetings.
Quality Education– Members benefit from
access to a comprehensive portfolio of courses designed to both keep you in the know and help you take your career to the next level. CPE is about more than compliance. It’s about competence. And our courses give you the opportunity to dive deep
into your specialty or get a clear understanding of new standards and regulations – in a classroom or on your own time in the comfort of your home or office. Emerging professionals will want to check out Accelerate, our unique program designed to
help build your leadership skills. Members also enjoy special savings on CPE registration fees.
Connections – You are part of a community that is 28,000 strong statewide
and 8,000 strong here at home. Take your connections to the next level by attending chapter programs and events and participating in TXCPA Exchange. Network with other members and local
professionals at our Morning Buzz, Membership Luncheon, or Happy Hour events. Serve your local community by participating in our internal charities CPAs Helping Schools and Accounting Scholarships or attend one of our many community service events we schedule
throughout the year. Together we are stronger.
Resources – TXCPA Houston and TXCPA offer you access to resources at your fingertips. Make us your go-to source for the latest
developments in your profession and access your next career opportunity through our career center. Also, take advantage of Wolters Kluwer’s valuable industry-leading research and learning products and solutions at a discount rate here. Use these tools to expand your professional development, enhance your knowledge, and increase your expertise on tax, accounting, financial and estate planning, audit topics, and more.
Savings– The buying power of our association affords you special savings. In addition to local savings,
you can also take advantage of savings from TXCPA.
Take advantage of Wolters Kluwer’s valuable industry-leading research and learning products and solutions at a discount rate here. Use these tools
to expand your professional development, enhance your knowledge and increase your expertise on tax, accounting, financial and estate planning, audit topics and more.
Savings – The buying power of our association affords you special savings. In addition to local savings, you can also take advantage of savings
VIRTUAL COFFEE TALK
Cracks in the Crystal Ball: Tax Law Changes to Watch Out For - Tuesday, Feb. 16 from 2-3 pm ET
- Industry experts Kevin Jacobs and Joseph Boddicker from Alvarez and Marsal Tax and will identify and discuss potential tax law changes on the horizon and Kevin DeYoung from Wolters Kluwer will show participant where they can find additional answers on the topics covered using CCH AnswerConnect
- The Virtual Coffee Talk landing page highlights the upcoming webinar and provides the registration link. It also features all the past Virtual Coffee Talk recordings and presentation slides: Click here to access the Virtual Coffee Talk landing page.
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Updated Legislation: Requirements, SBA Guidance and Tax Implications – Thursday, Feb. 18 from 12-1pm ET:
- Wolters Kluwer’s Tax and Accounting and Banking Compliance segments have come together to provide this unique event that will offer expert insights from both the tax and commercial lending perspectives on the updated legislation and SBA guidance affecting the PPP program, including discussion of tax implications.
- Commercial lending expert Michael Fuchs will provide a status update on the current round of PPP funding
- Tax and accounting expert Greg White will walk you through:
- key requirements,
- the latest SBA guidance,
- forms & required documentation, and
- tax ramifications of receiving loans and forgiveness under the PPP.
Click here to register.
The all-new COVID and Taxpayer Certainty Acts of 2020: Law, Explanation & Analysis provides tax practitioners with a single integrated reference source of the tax provisions contained in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021. Along with Internal Revenue Code provisions, as amended, Wolters Kluwer editors have created a complete practical analysis of this legislation. Click here to learn more.
For more information on Wolter Kluwer online classes and products, visit the Wolter Kluwer TXCPA Houston member benefits center.