Faculty Ambassador Application
The Texas Society of CPAs is seeking college faculty members to serve as our connection to every campus with an accounting program in the state. Working with Texas educators to share resources and engage the next generation of CPAs is an important initiative for TXCPA.
Our goals are to strengthen TXCPA’s presence on Texas campuses, share information across the state and learn more about what we can do to support Texas students and educators.
Faculty Ambassador requirements:
- Must be a member of TXCPA and the local chapter (Become a TXCPA member)
- Must teach accounting full time (at least 6 credit hours) at a two- or four-year college or university in Texas
Expectations for Faculty Ambassadors:
- Recruit a student ambassador if one is not already in place.
- Connect with the local chapter via an introduction from TXCPA.
- Arrange for at least one TXCPA presentation per semester. The presentation can be from the chapter or state depending on the event type and can cover any topic.
- Send at least one communication per semester to all accounting faculty and any relevant student groups on his/her campus to promote TXCPA and the local chapter as resources for speakers.
- Assist in the recruitment of student members.
- By September of each year, provide TXCPA with an updated roster of accounting faculty at their school for communications about TXCPA resources for educators and students.
- Contribute testimonials for TXCPA communications, by request.
- Sign and return a statement each March to indicate that the above expectations have been met.
Faculty Ambassadors will receive from TXCPA:
- Free TXCPA Membership for the period of June 1 through May 31.
- Waiver of the Accounting Education Conference registration fee.
- Access to event reimbursement funds, by request up to $200 per campus as available.
- An introduction to the local chapter via email upon confirmation of ambassador status.
- A letter of appreciation sent to the accounting department chairperson and/or business school dean at the end of the spring semester.
- The opportunity to list faculty ambassador status on his/her professional vita.
- Recognition at appropriate Society and chapter events and in relevant TXCPA communications, including in Today’s CPA.
- Contact and updates from TXCPA staff on a monthly basis.
- Connection with a student ambassador when appropriate.
- Recruitment materials, as needed.
- Guest speakers, by request depending on the subject.
Once your application has been reviewed and processed, you will receive an email confirmation. This confirmation will include any further instructions or information related to your membership status. If you need immediate assistance, please contact Member
email@example.com. Thank you for your continued support of the Texas Society of CPAs.