Practice Management Conference Speaker Biographies
View conference details: Webcast option | In person option in Dallas
Mallory Herrin, SPHR, SHRM-CP, CPLC
Mallory Herrin is the CEO and Principal HR Consultant of HerrinHR, a leading human resources consulting and outsourcing firm that provides expert HR solutions to small and mid-size businesses. With over 18 years of HR experience and dual certifications from HRCI and SHRM, Mallory has established herself as a thought leader in the industry.
Mallory is a certified coach and author of Intentional HR: A Revolution in Strategic Thinking, a book that has garnered widespread praise from HR professionals. She frequently speaks at HR conferences and is a recurring guest on podcasts, including HR Insider.
Mallory’s insights and expertise have earned her numerous accolades, including being named one of the Top 10 Most Influential People in Executive Hiring and one of the Most Admired Women Leaders in Business, 2022. She was also recognized as one of the Top 10 Unstoppable Entrepreneurs to Follow in 2022. Her work has been featured in both local and national publications.
With Mallory's strategic approach to HR consulting, businesses can expect to receive innovative solutions that help them achieve their goals while maintaining compliance with all relevant regulations. She is committed to empowering organizations to make positive changes that enhance their culture and bottom line.
Mallory is also committed to volunteer work that advances the HR profession including mentoring and serving as a member of DallasHR’s Student Engagement Committee. With a heart for service, she also volunteers as a Board member for Rae’s Hope, a Young Advisory Council member for Goodwill Industries of Dallas, Inc., a Dallas CASA advocate, and a member of the Junior League of Dallas.
Misty Mata, CPA
Position: Tax Partner
Education: Masters of Accountancy, Texas A & M - Corpus Christi
B.A., Texas A & M – Corpus Christi
Professional and Business Experience: Joined Jennings, Hawley & Co., P.C. as tax accountant in July 2001. Extensive experience in preparation and review of tax returns for individuals, corporations, S-corporations, partnerships, nonprofit organizations, trusts, estates, and gifts.
- Professional and Business Affiliations: Member, Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Executive Board Member (2022-2025)
- Board of Directors, at large (2017-2018, 2021-2024)
- Member, TXCPA CPA Practice Issues Committee (2019-2023)
- Chair, TXCPA CPA Practice Issues Committee (2021-2023)
- Member, Federal Tax Policy Committee (2019-2023)
- Member, Chapter Steering Committee (2021-2022)
- Member, CPE Advisory Board (2021-2022)
- Member, Nominations Committee (2020-2021)
- Recipient of TXCPA’s 2017 Rising Stars Award
- Board Member, Corpus Christi Chapter of the Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- President Elect (2015/2016) & (2019/2020)
- President (2016/2017) & (2020/2021)
- Chair, Continuing Education Committee (2018-2022)
- External Relations/Image Issues Committee (2015/2016)
- Awarded Young CPA of the Year (2015/2016)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Finance Committee, First Baptist Church (2020-2024)
- Board member, Corpus Christi Education Foundation (2018-2023)
- Programs Committee (2018/2019) (2019/2020)
- Finance Committee (2018-2023) Chair (2021-2023)
- Former Treasurer, Corpus Christi Executives Association
- Former Treasurer, Coastal Bend AIDS Foundation
- Former Member, Council of Petroleum Accountants Societies
Lindsey Kennimer, CPA
Lindsey Kennimer is an Audit Partner at Snow Garrett Williams, a local public accounting firm in Weatherford, Texas. Lindsey has over 17 years of experience performing audits of local governments, specifically audits of Texas independent school districts, including extensive experience in single audits and was awarded the AICPA’s Advanced Single Audit Certificate.
Lindsey also serves as a team member for peer reviews of other CPA firms throughout the State of Texas through theAICPA's peer review program and as a subject matter expert performing enhanced oversight reviews of Government Auditing Standards/Single Audit engagements reviewed during a firm's peer review for the AICPA's Oversight Task Force.
She is currently serving on the TXCPA Planning Committee for the Texas School District Accounting and Auditing Conference and Professional Standards Committee, the GFOA Special Review Committee, TASBO Accounting Research Committee, and the AICPA Government Audit Quality Center (GAQC) Executive Committee.
Frost Bank Senior Vice President/N.Dallas Market Leader – Commercial Banking
With Frost Bank, currently focused on N. Dallas market and growth initiative. Jordan has more than 15 years of commercial banking experience, focusing on middle market businesses in Texas.
- Raised in Lewisville, Texas, and attended Lewisville H.S.
- Attended Baylor University, 1996-2000, and graduated w/ BBA – Management.
- Received an MBA – Finance from the SMU Cox School of Business in 2008
- Family: Married with three boys, 9, 9 and 7. Currently living in North Richardson.
- Hobbies: Coaching youth sports, attending Baylor games, sporting clays, and golf.
- Local Memberships: Canyon Creek Country Club and Dallas Gun Club
- Baylor University BBA
- SMU MBA - Cox School of Business graduate.
Ryan Pannell is a Dallas-Fort Worth based Practice Transition Consultant with Accounting Practice Sales. For nearly 20 years, she has assisted buyers and sellers in the transfer of accounting and tax practices and has handled hundreds of sales during that time.
She is involved in every part of the process from business valuation and marketing to closing and transition. Ryan is a Texas Real Estate Broker with a BA in Economics, Managerial Studies and English from Rice University.
Chuck Bauer provides Business Development Training, specifically for the entrepreneurial side of the tax and accounting industry. His goal is to help people Work Smarter, Make More Money, and Take More QUALITY Time Off. Chuck’s consulting agency has helped more than 750 companies for more than 25 years.
There is a unique place where PR, technology, and digital media overlap, and in that place, you’ll find Ashley Small, Founder, and CEO of Medley Inc. Ashley’s proven PR and digital marketing strategies have helped brands grow their visibility, amplify their voice and expand their reach across the world.
In 2008, when social media was newly on the rise, Ashley set out on a mission to marry traditional PR with the latest trends in technology. Since then, she has launched a boutique PR and digital marketing agency, Medley Inc., and has worked with organizations such as Major League Baseball, AT&T, The City of Houston, and The Rose Houston to meet their marketing goals, specifically geared towards African American and Latino consumers.
A Google AdWords certified specialist, Ashley has been nationally recognized by Fast Company Magazine, the Canada Broadcast Network, ABC, FOX, and more as an expert in business, technology, social media, and public relations. She is an alumnus of the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program and Leadership Houston as well as one of Houston Business Journal’s 2018 40 under 40 leading professionals and the 2019 HYPE Impact Business Leader award winner. In 2020, she was named a Woman in the Fast Lane by the Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce.
Through her work in the community, she has educated and trained more than 5,000 girls and budding entrepreneurs in the areas of technology, social media, and leadership development.